Amazon fire tv?

Can you log in through this vpn on Amazon fire tv? If so how?

Hey there,

Recently, Amazon decided a requirement for app support (not sure if it’s for all apps, but it did affect ours) was to require support for a controller. That’s understandable, since some of the devices have controllers with which to navigate menus, play games, etc…

We weren’t notified ahead of time of this new requirement, which is unusual for app vendors, so you can imagine our surprise when it was just gone from the Amazon app store one day. Naturally, we wanted to find out why it happened and what it would take to fix it. Our Product team, in charge of prioritizing app bugs, features, and the like, tasked our Development team with looking into what it would take to restore our app to the app store for those devices.

After a lengthy investigation, it was determined that it was not a trivial thing to fix. That means we need to then look at prioritization of the task and where it might fall in line with our current development cycle and upcoming cycles. Many factors are considered, but ultimately it comes down to how high a priority it is to fix something like this compared to our work on other platforms and how impactful overall it is to our user base.

While we recognize it is not ideal and undoubtedly poses an inconvenience on Fire device users, based on the factors mentioned above and others, it is not currently a high priority item for us to fix. That doesn’t mean that some day we won’t bring VyprVPN back to Fire devices. But, that does mean that it will not likely happen in the near future. Priorities can and do change, though. I will certainly report back on this thread if we change course and move forward on fixing this for our Fire device users. Yes, we are aware that users may cancel due to this decision and, while certainly unfortunate, it is understandable.

I recognize that you wouldn’t want to necessarily continue to pay for something you would not otherwise use since the Fire device was your primary one for this service, so I have instructed one of my Level II agents to reach out to you directly to address your account with us.

If you are a customer affected by the Fire TV or Stick and not being able to use VyprVPN and would like to discuss it further, please contact support@goldenfrog.com directly or start a live chat on ww.goldenfrog.online. Thank you.

Regards,
Wes
Customer Support