Amazon prime geo blocked

Amazon prime video/movies reports it is geo blocked despite going through Vyprvpn/chameleon. Netflix works as does YouTube TV. Any idea on what I can do?
I have cleared cashe but not cookies.

Hello, @mwmills

I am sorry to read that you are experiencing some issues with accessing Amazon Prime while connected to VyprVPN. Sites that offer media content that is restricted to a certain region may fail to load, stating you are outside of the service area, for many reasons even while connected to a server in that country. Here is a blog post that summarizes the issue: https://www.goldenfrog.biz/blog/blocking-by-streaming-services-increasing

There are several steps you can take that may fix this issue. If you are interested in troubleshooting, see our help center article: https://support.goldenfrog.biz/hc/en-us/articles/205938498

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Logan
Golden Frog Technical Support

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with my German Amazon Video Account. When I connect to a German server, I cant use the Amazon Video, but another Streaming Service is working with it… Is there any problem right at the moment with VyprVPN, some days ago it was still working to stream it, when I was in Germany and I was using VyprVPN too…

Hello, @Taoiseach

We are not currently experiencing any issues on our end. Please see my response to the original poster for troubleshooting this issue!

Regards,
Logan
Golden Frog Technical Support

Well I am stumped. I have done everything suggested to no avail.
Question, is it possible that the routers/ISP DNS servers are being detected rather than VyprDNS for Geo location detection by Amazon?
I am using a Netgear R7000 router with Shibby Tomato v1.38 and the router app. The router is cascaded from a GPON router.

Well it was a good theory but testing did not support it. Back to the drawing board.

It’s not you. Amazon blocked all of Golden Frog’s VyprVPN IP address. It’s up to Golden Frog to do something different to get around this issue.

Hello,

While we recognize that some users expect to use our service to access streaming services, we cannot guarantee that VyprVPN will work with Amazon Video or other streaming providers going forward.

Our main goal is to provide freedom, privacy and security. That means we work hard to protect people from hackers, provide privacy to people, and open up the Internet to people living in restrictive parts of the world. That is our focus and our passion.

Regards,
Wes
Customer Support

It’s cool Wes, you don’t have to justify it. You’re doing a good job. It’s dumb that Amazon doesn’t want their users to browse safely and securely like you do.

Thanks

Really, so no one located in the US can access Amazon Prime movies using VyprVPN?

I haven’t found one that works. With netflix, the DC ip wont work, but the Austin one will. Good luck.

Thanks!

Well, Amazon is doing what they need to do to honor the movie copyright agreements, cannot really complain to them. Goldenfrog is doing what they do, and do it well. Looks like I have to follow the rules!

Maybe you should go for a combination of both TOR as well as VyprVPN.

Maybe establish a VPS and add VyprVPN to it, it’s not overly expensive (if at all).

Hey guys, I’m using NordVPN for Hulu but getting blocked in couples of days. I’ve already opted for 2 Months hulu Networks subscription. How do I use it now. Plese suggest me a good VPN.

Hello @mak789!

You can try VyprVPN on a 3 day free trial and see how our service works for you.

To signup for the trial, please go to https://www.goldenfrog.website/vyprvpn/buy-vpn

Thanks!