Any way to manually start vyprvpnservice

I am running VyprVPN 3.2.1.7756, the beta version for Mac. There is a bug that causes the “vyprvpnservice” process to stop running sometimes. If the process isn’t running, the Vyprvpn app becomes unresponsive. Restarting the computer will temporarily fix this problem, but I would like a quicker fix. I would like to know is there a way to manually start the process.

Hello @Zirconium,

When the VyprVPN app becomes unresponsive you can use the following steps to get the service going again:

1. First, try to Quit the VyprVPN application from the ‘Quit’ option in the VyprVPN menu at the top of your screen. If it is locked up enough that you can’t quit, move on to step 2.
  2. To remove the service, use Command+Tab and select Finder, then press Command + Shift + G to bring up the Go To window and type in:

/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools A window should open showing the VyprVPNService sitting there. Drag it to trash.

1. Then you will need to log out of OS X and log back in to complete service removal.
  2. Empty the trash bin.
  3. Restart VyprVPN to prompt the reinstallation of the VyprVPNService. The credentials required to install the Helper Tool are the admin credentials for your Mac, not the VyprVPN account.
  4. Once started, you should be able to connect with VyprVPN.