Are you really anonymous?

Hi,
i have been using vprvpn since the beginning and i have to say that i am really pleased with it.
If you perform a google search"what is my Ip ? ,you get hundreds of site .
You try all of them , it shows the ip’s location you are using.

Now you go there http://korben.info/ip and you won’t be happy by the displayed outcome.

Too bad i can’t display screenshots.

first line --> your local ,networks IP : (should remain blank after “:”)
second line–>your public ip (given by your internet provider) (should remain blank after “:”)
third line ----> Visible ip from our server.It displays the vyprvpn ip’s location you have
chosen

fouth line -----> your hostname (It displays the vyprvpn ip’s location you have chosen

if you go to http://korben.info/ip bg using tor the fisrt and second lines remain blank
after “:” and do not reveal your real ip

@yoyoyo54321

While many of our customers do use our service to access sites like these, please note we cannot offer any guarantee that these sites will work due to many different variables.

Please try the following steps to see if you are able to access the service in question:

1. Log out of all Google accounts on the machine. Google caches IP addresses, which may reveal your actual location.
  2. Disable all location services in your browser and any location services on your machine or device (GPS, etc…).
  3. Clear your browser’s cookies, cache, and temp files.
  4. Disconnect and reconnect to the selected VyprVPN server location to obtain a new IP address.
  5. Change your device’s time zone to the provider’s service area and adjust the time to local time .
  6. If you are connected to a wifi network and have access to the router, rename your Wifi network name (SSID), appending “_nomap” at the end (no quotes). This will opt your network out of Google’s geolocation services. You will need to reconnect your device to the new network in order to regain internet access.

If the website still states you are not in the service area, it is possible that they are using an outdated IP database.

Hi @yoyoyo54321.

I wanted to offer some additional insight on possible issues with that website as well. I was not able to replicate any issues with displaying my local or ISP IP. After connecting to VyprVPN, only the bottom 2 lines show values, and those values are my VyprVPN assigned IP address. It is possible there is a leak of some sort stemming from your browser or local network.

If your actual ISP IP address is being displayed, I’d rather not have you post that in the forum, so please attach a screenshot to an email sent to support@goldenfrog.com and we can work with you directly via ticket to find out what the issue might be. Make sure you include the statement “Regarding forum post” in the message body.

With regards to anonymity when using VyprVPN, I would like to point you to our blog post here, which outlines our stance on anonymity claims by VPN providers and dispels some common VPN myths: https://www.goldenfrog.com/take-back-your-internet/articles/myths-about-vpn-logging-and-anonymity

Nick
Golden Frog Support

if my comment is appropriate, then I would suggest to test the real hide ip address to enter the site www.whoer.net there and press a button extended version check ip addresses, as for the site, I have always been enough to remove cookies from your browser, if it is do you automatically lose your connection to all accounts that have been committed by this browser because these cookies are stored for this purpose the necessary information and I am sure that the problem must be solved, always helped me!