Automatic Reconnect is unreliable on Android

Hi,

I’m new on the Golden Frog Forums but not new to VyprVPN. So, hello everyone!

When using VyprVPN on my Galaxy Tab S2 (running Android 7.0), I find that the Automatic Reconnect is unreliable. I can be working on my Tab, only to notice that the VPN icon (the little key) is no longer showing in the notification bar at the top of the screen. So, I’m not protected. Not good. There does not appear to be a specific time of day when this happens but most occurrences are during the night. Needless to say, Automatic Reconnect is enabled. I also have ‘Keep WiFi on during sleep’ set to ‘Always’ and VyprVPN is excluded from Android Doze battery optimization.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I should add that I have also submitted this problem to the support team but no solution has been found - yet.

spinon

Hey @spinon,

I’d like to look into your support ticket so we can see what has been attempted, but I’m not able to locate a ticket for you currently. Can you please send us your ticket number? Once we have this, we can continue from where you left off and get to the bottom of this for you!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Tyler | Customer Support

OS failure is always problematic.

It could be Android and it could very well be some defect from the factory.

I suggest hard booting, clearing caches and naturally - partition wiping if needed.

Factory reset as last resort, but I wouldn’t go against it entirely.

Sometimes, it could be idle time that is killing it.

If you aren’t using Vypr all the time, turn it off.