AWS and Windows 10 client login failures (error 6003 and 6023, sometimes)

Hi,

I’ve tried several VMs in AWS and can’t get any of my Windows 10 devices to connect to the server instance. Mac OS and Android and even my dd-wrt router seem to be working, wondering if anyone else has experienced this. This did work previously but now doesn’t, even with one tablet that has not had the latest MS push of updates.

-Mike

Hello, @mginams!

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue!

Does this issue occur if you attempt to connect to a VyprVPN server location rather than your personal AWS deployment? Also, do you receive the same error codes across all Windows 10 devices?

This information should help us narrow down the issue. We look forward to your reply!

Regards,
Logan
Golden Frog Technical Support

Hi Logan,

Yes it works ok with the public nodes, just not the server beta. In AWS the network and security policies are set up as per the deployment instructions. Seems OS related. Yes the error codes are the same though there’s not always an error code shown, sometimes it fails silently.

Hello, @mginams!

Thank you for getting back to us. We would like to gather logs and take a closer look into why this issue is occurring for you in ticket format. We have sent you an email through our support channel. Please be on the lookout for it!

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards,
Logan
Golden Frog Technical Support

NP will do.

–Mike