Bypass VPN not working & slow Speed

Hello everyone,

I’m on a Macbook Pro with the latest OS 10.13.2 installed. I’m running the vyprvpn app and I’m trying to bypass my Usenet connection (NZBVortex). I enabled the “connection per app” feature and selected “Bypass VPN” for the NZBVortex 3 App. However, the traffic is still passing through the VPN, the speed is very slow (normally 23mbit, here 11 mbit). Is there anything I’m doing wrong ?
Furthermore the speed is not so great as promised: I’m on a 200mbit connection, connected through LAN, with the fastest VPN server (the one of my country), I get around 100 mbit. I’m using the L2TP/IPsec Protocol because openVPN was even slower.
Thanks for any help and a happy new year to all of you.

Hey @Schleek,

Thanks for contacting us. There are many factors which can contribute to speed issues, but if you’re in the same country as the server you’re connecting to then we can probably rule out distance in your case. Our support team can take a closer look at your network and connection and we might be able to make some adjustments for your connection on our side. Please email our support team directly and they can start gathering the necessary information to assist.

Cheers,

Katherine
Support Team