Cannot get CLI on Debian to work

Hello, I get an error when trying to change servers via the CLI on Debian 10 (Buster).
The error reads “deprecated action signature” and references to that are just topics on the Go programming language, and do not help.

This has happened before, and the fix I applied before does not work. I can connect to the VPN, but thereafter no connections work, and curl and ping ultimately fail. There are several other VPN providers that have a robust and simple CLI, I would like to know the cause and repair of this break.

Thanks in advance. (i have unistalled and reinstalled the package, and tried logging in and out, I will not downgrade the Linux version)

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble with this.

Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that the VyprVPN CLI for Linux will work on Debian Buster. We’ve confirmed it works properly on Ubuntu 14.0.04, 14.10,15.0.04, 15.10, 16.0.04, as well as versions of Linux Mint which are based on those same versions of Ubuntu.

You may have better luck connecting without the CLI using the instructions here, but we can’t guarantee that this will work on Debian Buster, though I hope that it does - https://support.goldenfrog.website/hc/en-us/articles/360004948872-VyprVPN-OpenVPN-Setup-for-Linux-Ubuntu-

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Apologies for the double post. I followed the instructions, and while it lets me connect to a server, it will not let me connect to anything beyond that, even after several minutes of waiting. I use the CLI for most of my devices, and if this can’t get fixed, I’m afraid I will move to another VPN.

I hope there is some further debugging that can be done, because it works on Windows, iOS, MacOS, and Android. I see no reason why this can’t be resolved shortly?

No problem on the double post.

We’re very sorry but your version of Linux is not fully supported by VyprVPN, and we can’t guarantee that VyprVPN will work properly on there.

You may have better luck if you specify an alternate DNS in Debian’s network settings, but if that doesn’t help, I’m sorry to say that we have no other suggestions.

Do you have any plans to get this working on a newer OS? They’re just going to keep updating! If your CLI is written in go, or similar, it would help if we could be told what to edit as a fix.

I would appreciate some response on this, as I think if this cannot be resolved quickly, I think I will ask for a refund and move to another, more reliable vpn.

Hello @Rubberbanned,

I’m sorry for the long delay in getting back to you here and the trouble you’ve experienced! At this time we don’t have an estimate on an update to the VyprVPN CLI application for Linux.

For newer distributions where the CLI application doesn’t work we do recommend using a manual connection.

The instructions for these setups are available at:

and

Please note that these instructions are specific to Ubuntu but should be able to be adapted to be used on other distros.

As I understand you were considering requesting a refund I’d like to let you know we’re not able to handle account issues like that via our forums and if you decide you want to request a refund still please reach out to us through our contact form at this URL:
https://support.goldenfrog.website/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hey there. After extended trials, I have ad n improvement, and am flat out unable to get the VPN to allow internet after it connects to the VPN server. So since I can connect to the server, but can’t navigate the internet after that, then what should I do?