Cannot login VYPR VPN after logging out (Solved)

From Feb 2018, It is hard to use VyprVPN in China on Windows, I rarely could connect to the severs, and also don’t see the list of ping servers.

Just read a thread here with the same issue (VyprVPN not responding to ping resquests), and according to Justin (Golden Frog Support), I logged out, but now I cannot log back into the application. I am very sure with account information (no wrong email or password). On app, it shows that: You appear to be offline! While the internet here is still working properly.

Anyone has solution for this? Now I cannot log back into the app.

Solution from Golden Frog:

This error is shown when logging into the VyprVPN app and can occur on the Windows and Mac desktop apps. It can happen for a number of different reasons, but the root cause is the app cannot reach our authentication servers. It sees your connection as being offline and the log-in attempt fails. While rare, this is generally more prone to occur on corporate, university, and other potentially restrictive networks.

First can I have you try and refresh your network using the following steps:

Unplug power cables from modem and router
Wait 30 seconds, plug modem in
Wait 30 seconds, plug router in
Wait 30 seconds, network is now refreshed.
Next please, make sure you have an active connection to the internet and that no other VPN connections are active. This includes corporate VPN connections.

Temporarily disable any anti-virus and firewall programs you’re running to see if you are able to log in. Anti-virus programs and strict firewalls can block the necessary traffic to our authentication servers.

If this error persists please use the following steps to create a manual VPN connection, and attempt to login once connected:

How to Configure

1. Click on the Start menu.
  2. Click on Settings.
  3. Click Network & Internet from the Settings menu.
  4. Select VPN from the left side of the window.
  5. Click Add a VPN connection.
  6. Fill out the settings listed in the box below.
    VPN provider: Windows (built-in)
    Connection Name: VyprVPN
    Server name or address: 209.99.72.45
    VPN type: Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
    Type of sign-in info: User name and password
    User name (optional): Your Golden Frog email address
    Password (optional): Your Golden Frog password
    Remember my sign-in info: Checked
  7. Click Save.
  8. You will now see the connection in the Network & Internet window.

How to Connect

1. Click on the Start menu.
  2. Click on Settings.
  3. Click on Network & Internet from the Settings menu.
  4. Select VPN from the left side of the window.
  5. Click on VyprVPN and then click the Connect button.
  6. You are now connected to VyprVPN! Click Disconnect from this screen at any time to disconnect from the service

Hey @Huy_Bui_Van,

I hope our solution worked for you. You can also navigate to our help center and find those steps. Below is a copy of the link: https://support.goldenfrog.com/hc/en-us/articles/206055837--You-appear-to-be-offline-error

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,
Wes
Customer Support