Cant connect to all4 app on galaxy s8+

Hi,

I am from the uk but moved to japan. I am trying to stream uk on demand tv via software vpn…my 100mbps line drops to 1-2mbps whenever a vpn is used so cannot stream.

I thought id try downloading episodes to my phone but the apps know im not in the UK.

I habe signed out of google accounts, cleared caches, turned off location etc but no joy.

It works with other vpn suppliers but their speeds are <1mbps so unbearible.

Hey @snowfiend,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I created a support request (ticket # 2035628) via our email support channel so we can take a closer.

I offered some suggestions that may help with your phone detecting your real location. I also listed some questions that can help us diagnose your speed issue. Please feel free to reply to the email with your answers at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

Regards,
Wes
Customer Support

Thank you.

Ive tried all those things suggested…no use.

Oddly if I use expressvpn it works, but their download is <1mbps so unable to stream.

Why can my device pass the gro check with anothrr software vpn but not yours?

Hello, @snowfiend

Sites that offer media content that is restricted to a certain region may fail to load, stating you are outside of the service area, for many reasons even while connected to a server in that country. Here is a blog post that summarizes the issue: https://www.goldenfrog.biz/blog/blocking-by-streaming-services-increasing

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide further troubleshooting outside of what was provided in Wes’ email to you. While we do work on our end to mitigate these types of issues, due to factors beyond our control, we cannot guarantee that all sites and services will function over the VPN.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Regards,
Logan
Golden Frog Technical Support