Connection Issue

How to solve this?

This problem just only on my PC,my laptop and Android device are Ok

Hello!

I understand you are seeing a Netpipe/ Localhost.com error when you try to connect to the Vyprvpn service and we are happy to assist you!

Please uninstall Vyprvpn in the windows control panel and make sure ‘Vyprvpn user settings’ is checked off on the remove list. This will remove any previous settings. Then reinstall the Vyprvpn application and see if the issue persists. You might need to restart your computer after this as well.

If you continue to see connection issues Please contact our Support Team regarding your request by emailing support@goldenfrog.com

Regards

Technical support

I have also faced the same error with my Epson printer and it cannot be connected after I had changed the Network Adaptor on my system. I have also searched epson printer error code 0xf3, but I found no such benefit from it.

I have also faced the same error with my Epson printer and it cannot be connected after I had changed the Network Adaptor on my system. I have also searched epson printer error code 0xf3, but I found no such benefit from it.