Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install and connect to the CLI?
- Download the install package for your architecture (64-bit or 32-bit)
a. 32-bit: vyprvpn-linux-cli-XXXXXXXX.deb
b. 64-bit: vyprvpn-linux-cli-XXXXXX.deb
- Install the package by using the GUI or GDebi.
- Log in to the command line interface (CLI) by entering the following in command line: “
- Enter your username and password.
- (Optional) To see the server and protocol that will be used to connect by default enter: “
vyprvpn server show” or “
vyprvpn protocol show”.
Connect by entering: “
- (Optional) Change the server by entering: “
vyprvpn server set”, then enter the server number from the server list.
- (Optional) Change the protocol by entering: “
vyprvpn protocol set”, then enter the protocol number from the server list.
How do I show what server and protocol I am connected to?
vyprvpn server show or
vyprvpn protocol show
How do I list the available protocols?
vyprvpn protocol list
How do I list the available servers?
vyprvpn server list
How do I log out and log in?
vyprvpn login or
How do I update my password?
To change your password use the Golden Frog Control Panel. To synchronize your new password, log out of the VyprVPN service then log in.
How do I know my password is incorrect?
You will receive an authentication error during your login attempt.
How do I refresh my server list?
If you would like to see if there is a new server available, you can enter the command: