As you are a Golden Frog customer, you will want to make sure that you are following the below instructions for setting up the manual VPN connection on Ubuntu and not the instructions that you provided in your previous reply from Giganews' website.
Linux (Ubuntu) PPTP VPN Setup Instructions
Before You Get Started...
Installation of VyprVPN requires administrative privileges on your computer. If you don't already have administrative access on your computer, this may be provided by your IT department.
Setup the PPTP connection
1) Expand the connection menu by clicking the up/down arrow icon in the system taskbar. Then, click on Edit Connections to open the Network Connections control panel.
2) Click the Add button to add a new VPN configuration.
3) When prompted to choose a connection type, choose Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) and click the Create button.
4) In the Connection name: textbox, enter "VyprVPN (PPTP)"
5) In the Gateway field enter one of the following server hostnames. View the list of server addresses here.
6) In the User name: textbox, enter your login.
7) In the Password: textbox, enter your password.
8) Click the Advanced button to bring up an additional settings dialog.
9) Check the Use Point-to-Point encryption (MPPE) box.
10) Click the OK button
11) Click the Save button (you may be prompted to enter your password to store the configuration securely)
12 )Restart Network Manager (The best way we have found to restart Network Manager is to open a terminal and type "sudo restart network-manager" , not including the quotation marks. This will disconnect all of your network connections)
Establish a secure connection
1) In the system taskbar, click on the up/down arrow icon to bring up the connection menu.
2) Mouse over VPN Connections and select VyprVPN (PPTP).
3) After a few seconds, you will receive a pop-up notification that the connection has been established.