Have to restart phone to use VPN

Hello,
Recently I have to restart my phone every time I use VPN. Once connected the first time, it works fine. Then when I disconnect and try to connect again, it just beeps when I open up VPN and hit the connect button. Please help me figure out what is wrong or I will have to switch to another provider.

Thanks,

George

Hello, @George_Cotroneo

I’m sorry to hear of the trouble! We would be happy to look into it.

Has this been consistent behavior, or has this problem only started recently? If it only began recently, did you perform any updates to the VyprVPN app or your OS? Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the application to see if the issue persists?

We look forward to your reply!

Regards,
Logan
Golden Frog Technical Support

Same here, so annoying, like leave home WiFi to use data and I have to restart phone, will definitely look at alternative vpns soon

@snowconemachine Hello, please contact our support team at https://support.goldenfrog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new2 and we will be happy to assist you!

Hello, You can try checking your firewall, antivirus, or anti-spyware program because it may be affecting your connection. To test this, disable these programs, then reconnect to the VPN.

I am a Chinese IP, using openvpn, import 256 or 160 bits for VPN landing, connection speed is unstable, often dropped, want to try to add an HTTP agent in openvpn, but has been unable to connect successfully.

Vryvpn can not be used in China, connection speed and slow, OpenVPN is relatively stable. See how we can solve this problem.

Source:

@chenqi0701 Hello! We have found our previous chat/e-mail exchanges and will send a followup e-mail to assist you with your connection issues.

Regards

Technical Support