Huge Lag Watching Live Stream

I’m a new Vyper user and I hope someone can help me with a really frustrating problem.

After I signed up today I discovered that I’ve got the same problem I’ve experienced with other VPN services, a huge lag while watching a live sports event. The stream will also occasionally “jump back in time” and repeat the same video and audio. Because I’ve experienced this with multiple VPNs I know this isn’t Vyper’s fault, I just don’t know what to do about it. I originally thought this might be simply a problem with my Internet speed but I don’t have a problem watching a live stream with the VPN off.

I’m connecting to a server as close as I can and I’ve set the protocol to PPTP because I read that, at the cost of reducing encryption, using that protocol might help speed up the stream. The live stream still doesn’t play smoothly. The only thing I haven’t tried is connecting via a wire instead of WiFi. I’ll try that tomorrow.

Any advice?

Hey @ChrisHistorian,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue. There can sometimes be a degradation in speed when you connect to all VPNs which can cause the lag you mention (not sure about the video backtracking, though, that’s new to me). I can’t make any guarantees, but we can certainly take a look at your speeds and see if there are any adjustments available for your connection. Please feel free to contact us directly and we’ll get the process started.

Cheers,

Katherine
Support Team