I can't get VyprVPN CLI to work on Debian

I am getting an error when attempting to change servers, or really do anything on the CLI on Debian Buster. I am getting the same error I got a while ago, which is “deprecated action signature” I cannot find any fix to this problem, ad any searches seem to link me to Go programming language guides.

I have logged out, and logged in, and I am getting no improvement. I can connect to a VPN, but I cannot connect to anything after that, ping and curl ultimately fail.

I absolutely will not downgrade my version of Linux for this, if that is suggested as a fix.

There are many VPNs that maintain a good CLI, and I would like to know why this break keeps occurring. Please advise.

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble with this.

Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that the VyprVPN CLI for Linux will work on Debian Buster. We’ve confirmed it works properly on Ubuntu 14.0.04, 14.10,15.0.04, 15.10, 16.0.04, as well as version of Linux Mint which are based on those same versions of Ubuntu.

You may have better luck connecting without the CLI using the instructions here, but we can’t guarantee that this will work on Debian Buster, though I hope that it does - https://support.goldenfrog.website/hc/en-us/articles/360004948872-VyprVPN-OpenVPN-Setup-for-Linux-Ubuntu-

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.