iPhone hotspot

What is the standard operating procedure when using an iPhone hotspot? Should I have VyprVPN turned on both my computer and my iPhone or just one of them?

Hello @vypruser,

If you have your iPhone connected to the VPN and are sharing the VPN connection to your computer, then your computer’s traffic is also being routed through the VPN connection. If you are sharing your iPhone’s internet connection when not connected to the VPN, you will need to connect your computer to the VPN, if you desire it’s traffic to be routed through a VPN connection.

Additionally, as some ISPs only pass traffic via hotspot using an IP address assigned by them, you will need to connect both your iPhone and computer to the VPN in order to have the traffic on both devices going through the VPN.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Samuel

1 Like

Yes you have to turned on VyprVPN in your iPhone device and if you not know about the procedure that how to connect Vyprvpn with your device then don’t worry, it will be honor for me if my comments help for the solution. Here are steps that how can you turn on Vyprvpn on you iPhone.

1. Go to the Settings
  2. Now Clicks General
  3. Click on Network
  4. Now you will see a “VPN”. Click on it.
  5. Click Add VPN Connection
  6. Click on the PPTP
  7. For Description enter VyprVPN
  8. For Server enter your desired server address. If you need an updated list contact their tech support.
  9. For Account enter your username
  10. Next enter your Password
  11. Ensure that Send All Traffic is set to ON
  12. ensure Encryption is set to Auto
  13. Click on Save

However furthermore if you are still confuse and need to know furthermore then i will suggest you to contact Vyprvpn support team their experts can guide you very much. However i chose vyprvpn because i read detail review of VyprVPN and inspire with its services.

It seems that on top of removing the support for PPTP from both MacOS Sierra and iOS 10 (which I can understand, as the encryption used by this protocol is really weak), Apple has decided to also remove support for PPTP pass through from the hotspot on iOS 10. That’s why the PPTP VPN does not work whilst being connected to iOS 10 hotspot. You can contact the support or read vyprvpn review blog.