Netflix blocking VyrVPN

Per [this topic][1] [1]: VyperVPN being blocked by Netflix! I have also been having the same issues with NetFlix blocking my access.

Please keep an open topic for these issues so you can have input for this issue instead of closing the threads, forcing your clients to open new threads and then closing them down.

Also I am expecting a swift and fast resolution to this matter as Netflix is pretty much the only reason that I am paying for this service.

Regards.

2 Likes

Same problem here.

I chose VyprVPN because it claims:

‘A personal VPN replaces your IP address with one that isn’t tied to your physical location. Choose from over 50+ VyprVPN server locations and browse as though you are physically in that location.’

Apparently, that doesn’t seem to work anymore. So please solve this problem.
Thank you!

Hello @ARoutis & @Vidar2016,

Thank you for contacting us. At this time we do not have an update available for you regarding the Netflix issue. However, we are still closely tracking it and experimenting with solutions. If you do not already have a support request open with us, please create one using the link below. We will then be able to reach out to you via email once the situation is resolved.

https://www.goldenfrog.com/contact-support

Let us know if we can answer any other questions.

Regards,

Katherine
Support Team

Same here in Norway. It started today (Feb 28) for me.

Hey @snorq,

Unfortunately, further information has not become available within the three hours since I last replied to this thread.

If you do not already have a support request open with us, please create one using the link below. We will then be able to reach out to you via email once the situation is resolved.

https://www.goldenfrog.com/contact-support

Thanks for your patience!

Regards,

Katherine
Support Team

1 Like

Kind of a snarky reply, thanks. My purpose in commenting was contribute my voice to those affected, because in an earlier thread about this same issue, GoldenFrog had said it had not heard of this impacting many of its users.

1 Like

Hey @snorq,

Apologies for any perceived discourteousness, as that was not my intent. We appreciate your contacting us. Please let us know if we can answer any other questions.

Regards,

Katherine
Support team.

Katherine,
thing is that the whole Netflix blocking VPN providers is a big issue, even your CEO has made a public statement.

I am pretty sure there has already been an outcry from your clients, many of them even, if not, I am sure that by the minutes you’ll be getting a lot of complaints as many of Netflix clients depend on VPN to get USA access since either there is no local Netflix access or the local netflix presence just is not comparable to the USA one, or simply there are those that want to be behind VPN for privacy reasons.

Having said all that, we are expecting a swift resolution to this issue as wanting to use VPN to access Netflix is neither wrongful nor illegal.

Regards.

1 Like

Evening of 2/26/2016 I noticed this as well, connecting through ANY us PPTP destination (us1, us2, us3, etc.)

Netflix is blocking VYPR - I’m curious as to if VYPR is expecting a resolution, or not. I’m going to cancel my service in 48 hours if a strategy indicating they expect Netflix to be accessible again is not communicated.

Thanks,

1 Like

As long as you’re accessing your local Netflix catalogue that is. :smile:

Actually no, there is actually no wrongdoing concerning the client (ie. the subscriber) in regards to accessing the content available to USA and not for instance to a european country. The problem lies to the service provider, that means Netflix.
The fact that they are trying to cut off the VPN services from accessing their service is a cheap way as to not find a different licensing scheme that would allow for a global distribution service disregarding where their subscriber is located altogether.

1 Like