Network topology change detected

Hi,

All of a sudden, I lost VPN connection. I am unable to connect to any of the servers or even disconnect as a matter of fact (it just says “connecting” with the large X - cancel button having no effect). I tried to quit/restart several times but that had no effect at all.

My internet connection is working. I am using a Windows 10 computer with the latest VyprVPN software.

The application log says: Network topology change detected.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

hey @Z_Fuki,

Sorry to hear you are having connection issues. I can confirm we are not having any server side issues that would cause this to happen. If the application becomes unresponsive in its “connecting” state, then you can use the following steps to restart the service:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. The “Run” box will appear. Type in “services.msc” (no quotes) and click OK.
  3. Find “VyprVPN” in the services list and right-click it.
  4. Click “Stop” to stop the service.
  5. Open Task Manager and end the VyprVPN.exe process if it is still present
  6. Switch back to the VyprVPN service window and click “start” to initiate the service again.

Wait for the service to enable (few seconds), then try opening the application and attempt to connect again. If the application gets stuck in that “connecting…” state again, then please contact our support team directly: support@goldenfrog.com

Regards,
Wes
Customer Support

Hi Wes,

Thank you for your help, it seems your solution worked, it’s up and running. Thanks again!

Hello,
i have the same problem, but the solution didn`t work for me.

I get 3 or 4 times “Network topology change detected” and at the end “Connection failed” with Error 6050

i hope you can help me.

I have windows 10 und kaspersky internet security. but i get all failures even when i turn off kaspersky.

Thank you.

@toasty Hello, we are sorry you are seeing connection issues with Vyprvpn. We have sent an e-mail requesting further information so we can start troubleshooting your sisues.

Regards

Technical Support

The network topology can happen in a network due to different reasons like a link failure, a Switch (Bridge) failure, or a port transitioning to forwarding state. When a Switch discovers topology change, it generates a TCN or Topology Change Notification.