New "VyprVPN Router App" now available for testing!

I’d love to hear any feedback you have on the stability of the Shibby build on the router.

@jfranconi I wanted to let you know of a problem with the ARM support… The guys who are working online with the Tomato-ARM branch have not yet released the source code for their builds. Shibby has stated that once it is all stabilized, they will merge it into the public Tomato repository. Until they do that, it will be difficult to compile against their libraries (which we use for things like nvram access).

This puts the 2-3 weeks timeline at risk – though I may try some other, crazy ideas in the meantime.

Thanks,
Michael

Thanks @mikedoug for the update! I had to send my order back because the box was damaged so a replacement should be here next week. I was not aware that Shibby didnt release the source code yet for the ARM builds. Looking forward to your “other crazy ideas”. :smile:

Hello All,

I am back in the game. Got new E3200. Shibby 1.28 Build 119 AIO. Installed VyprVPN. And wait for it…

The game has been won. I am connected to the server and running fine so far.

Robert

< insert fanfare here >!!!

Michael

Ok. Found aa bug on the current version. Even if you have VPN setup to connect and retry 50 times, it does not. At least it does not on the Asus RT-N66U. It does not connect after the app starts either. Just a heads up. Make sure to check your connection before doing anything sensitive.

@jason_siegmund: You are correct that it does not auto-connect on start. That’s probably the most often requested feature and it’s on the roadmap. As for not reconnecting, I’ll have our developers look into it and get back to you.

Hello Mike,

Would like to report that after I posted screenshot and let the router run for a bit. It was unplugged and on to it’s next test. Well got it plugged in and logged in with phone to start vpn. What it is not there. Tried to get it installed and was a no go. Is it possible that it just disappeared?

@violaters, can you send me the output from: nvram show |grep vyprvpn

Please DELETE the lines with your username and password in them before posting them. And if you’d like, you can private message me if any of the contents concern you for public view.

Also, the logs would be good to have as well.

Thanks,
Michael

@jason_siegmond: Can you please let me know what version of the applet you are seeing the connect and retry problem on? It was broken in 0.2.1 and earlier but should be fixed in 0.3.0. If you are seeing the problem in 0.3.0 then would you mind sending us the logs so we can investigate? Thank you!

Im using 0.3.0. Is it ok to send them in from the applet?

@jason_siegmond: I’ll get them faster if you send them directly to: kmata@phmgmt.com. Thanks very much for your help!

hey Mike,
I seem to be having issues connecting to any server at all now. It has been awhile since i had issues. going to try reinstalling the app once again, though I do not think itll make a difference. Tried a fresh flash and NVRAM clear.

@jason_siegmond:

First of all, thanks very much for the feedback. Are you able to provide the logs? The instructions for doing so can be found under the FAQ topic. You can send them directly to my email: kmata@phmgmt.com, and I’ll take a look at them right away. Thank you!

Hi @mikedoug & @kmata - any update on ARM support - I’ve just received an RT-AC68U that I thought would support the router app but am now not certain that it is supported. I will have to try other the standard VPN section in the mean time.

I’d love to help provide feedback for the ARM release - is there any information I can provide or any progress to report?

@asdf: We are most likely about a week (two max) away from publishing the first official Beta of the VyprVPN Router Application. This will include the release for Tomato Shibby on ARM.

I know we’ve been a bit quiet here with the Router work as of late with the Alpha group – but we are still progressing on it and are looking forward to the release.

Thanks,
MikeDoug

Thanks for the update, @mikedoug - any additional news to report on ARM release? I’d love to try this alpha/beta over the weekend :smile:

bump

@asdf,

Soon – very, very soon!

MikeDoug

OK, looking forward to it! I’ll start holding my breath :smile: