We’re excited to announce the VyprVPN Router App has gone into Production with the release of Version 0.7.0!
You can see the highlighted features and scope of the VyprVPN Router App here:
For full setup instructions, please visit the Golden Frog Help Center page for the VyprVPN Router App:
- Your MIPS or ARM router must support Tomato by Shibby. Supported routers located here: http://tomato.groov.pl/?page_id=69 The VyprVPN Router App currently runs on the K26RT-N or K26RT-AC versions of the Shibby compilation of Tomato firmware for MIPS, and K26ARM for ARM. Please note that routers running other versions of the Tomato firmware, such as K24 or K26, are not supported.
- Verify that you have the correct build of Tomato by Shibby. Correct build located here: http://tomato.groov.pl/?page_id=164 Tip: You must select either the VPN build or the AIO build. The AIO (All-In-One) builds include everything Tomato has to offer. The VPN builds include fewer services–to conserve space. You typically choose the largest firmware that will fit on your router.
- Also, please note, that we have tested the VyprVPN Router App on a clean install of Tomato firmware (meaning that we have cleared nvram during the installation process.) Customers that have set-up a custom configuration of Tomato may experience problems when the settings of their nvram conflict with the nvram settings that the VyprVPN Router App uses. This includes configuring Tomato to work over PPPoE. This is currently not supported by the VyprVPN Router App. This is a feature that we would like to add in the near future however.
- If you are using the VyprVPN Router App, you should not configure your VPN through the VPN Tunneling page in the Tomato UI. You should only configure your VPN through the VyprVPN pages. If you set, or have set previously, any options on the VPN Tunneling page, you will need to clear your nvram before proceeding with the installation of the VyprVPN Router App. This is because configuring the VPN through the VPN Tunneling page will store settings in nvram that may conflict with the settings needed by the VyprVPN Router App.
VyprVPN Router App Features Summary:
- ARM and MIPS support for Tomato by Shibby.
- Supported Protocols - Chameleon™ - 256-bit Encryption; OpenVPN - 256-bit Encryption; OpenVPN - 160-bit Encryption; PPTP - 128-bit Encryption
- Connect to any server in Golden Frog’s network of worldwide servers.
- “Per-Device VPN” - For each device on your network, choose whether the device is “VPN Required”, “VPN Preferred” or “Bypass VPN”
- Automatic reconnect and ability to set reconnection attempts.
- In-app updating after initial install and in-app change log.
- In-app support and opt-in connection logs.
VyprVPN Router App Version 0.7.0 - Production Release Change Log
- New: Updated VyprVPN installation script to increase download speed
- New: Updated installation messaging and survey questions
- Fix: Added https support for Golden Frog webpages
- Fix: Resolved buffer overflow issue in nvram which limited the number of devices that could connect to VyprVPN Router
VyprVPN Router App Version 0.6.0 - Public Beta Change log
- New: Added “watchdog” to restart VyprVPN process if it stops.
- New: Re-designed change log.
- New: Added timeout to improve process handling.
- New: Improved validation messaging for the login and support form.
- New: Added details to the connecting state dropdown.
- Fix: Failing PPTP connections are now resolved.
- Fix: Communication between UI and backend when WAN is disconnected.
- Fix: Correctly syncs connection details when using multiple browsers.
VyprVPN Router App Version 0.5.0 - Final Alpha Change Log
- ARM support! You can now flash Tomato to your ARM router and install VyprVPN Router App
- Re-branded as VyprVPN Router App
- Add VyprVPN output to syslog
- Added ability to connect via the header
- Newly redesigned and restyled user interface
- New header and navigation styling
- Redesigned Per-Device VPN page
- Added “Improve VyprVPN” section
- Add link to Golden Frog forum in the header
- Several bug fixes and performance enhancements