Offline Windows App Installer

I know the login process cannot be offline, but can you guys please make the VyprVPN Windows app installer offline. The installer downloads components from netdna-ssl, which is blocked in China.

Greetings @Zirconium
I will forward this to our dev teams, in the mean time could you attempt to utilize this offline installer

https://downloads-goldenfrog.netdna-ssl.com/downloads/vyprvpn/desktop/windows/beta/3.1.0.10116/VyprVPN-3.1.0.10116-installer.exe

If you are unable to access the link please contact our support teams so we can email it to you.

I tried using this installer yesterday. I downloaded it on a computer with a working VPN and copied over to a computer without a working VPN and then ran the installer. However, it gets stuck at the downloading from netdna-ssl.com part.

Hey @Zirconium

Sorry for the continued trouble.

Try disabling any anti-virus or firewall and run the file again. Should be a working link that was provided.

Regards,

The link works fine since I am downloading the installer while connected to a VPN. After I downloaded the Windows VyprVPN beta installer, I transferred it by USB flash drive to a Windows computer without a working VPN connection. The installer works fine until it gets to the downloading part, where it stops until the installer informs me the installation failed. I guess will try disabling the anti-virus and the Windows firewall.
However, I know the problem lies with the installer having to download the program from downloads-goldenfrog.netdna-ssl.com, because VyprVPN was successfully installed on another Windows PC that was connected to a VPN while running the installer.
Are you sure the domain isn’t blocked by the Great Firewall? It seems to be blocked for me.

Hey @Zirconium

I’m sorry to hear of the trouble. Some networks in China may have a difficult time reaching our api.

Please contact our support team directly:

https://www.goldenfrog.info/contact-support

Regards,

I contacted support and it worked this time. I didn’t need to disable firewall or any anti-virus. It took a while, but the installer successfully downloaded the program and installed it. Guess the problem has been fixed for now. Thanks. Having an installer that doesn’t need to download anything from the internet would still be nice though.

Hey @Zirconium

Glad to hear that issue was resolved for you!

Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,