Release: VyprVPN Applet v0.2.0 - Debug for the Routing Problem

Yesterday we updated the VyprVPN Router Applet to include much more debug information for our nasty little routing bug. Apparently our v0.1 has a nasty update bug that doesn’t update properly if you do it through the web interface – but that’s easy to work around! To update your router to the latest version of the applet simply reboot your router.

@jfranconi, @jason_siegmund, and others who have been submitting feedback on the routing bug where devices just stop working on the Internet, please run this version and send us those logs!

Please note: This update is ONLY for the router applet. If you are still running the VyprVPN Router Firmware, you will need to re-flash your device with the latest Shibby Tomato and then install the applet using the instructions found here: http://community.goldenfrog.com/t/new-vyprvpn-router-applet-now-available-for-testing/98

Thanks @mikedoug. Did a reboot and running .2 now. Hoping this fixes things, will keep you posted!

@mikedoug I have been having some issues with this version. Twice so far I have received a message “Vyprvpn status unknown” and the applet appears crashed as nothing is loaded for the UI. i had to restart the router each time to get the applet to start. Are there any logs that I should collect when this happens?

Thanks!

@violators and @jfranconi, it sounds like you both may be having a similar experience where the VyprVPN daemon on the device has died. When you are in this state, please telnet to the device, run these commands, and send me the following files:

/var/vyprvpn/vyprvpn.log
/var/log/messages

Then run these commands, and include that in your message too:

ps w | grep vyprvpn

That information will help us debug what in the world is going on.

We’re also going to be reviewing the changes we made between 0.1 and 0.2 to figure out what we may have done to cause the vyprvpn processes to die behind the scenes.

Thanks!
Michael

Great thanks @mikedoug. It hasn’t crashed yet so when it does again I will grab the logs as stated above!

@violators,

Here’s an easy way to get the two log files we’re looking for:

1. Goto Tools -> System Commands
  2. Type: cat /var/log/messages
  3. Click Execute
  4. Copy-and-paste the resulting log output from that page.

Then repeat for the second logfile:

1. Goto Tools -> System Commands
  2. Type: cat /var/vyprvpn/vyprvpn.log
  3. Click Execute
  4. Copy-and-paste the resulting log output from that page.

It’d be best to paste the information into individual text files, and then you can attach them. Please feel free to send them to me as a direct message if you don’t want to post them publicly to the group.

Thanks,
Michael