Share Your Experience---After the huge CRACK DOWN

It has been a few days. I couldn’t get any ping from any servers on this list.None of them can be connected.Here is my time line of what happened

In mid November Most of servers started to not answer ping
But I can still get ping form these servers below

Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York,
San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, Canada
France, Germany, Netherlands, United Kingdom
Hong Kong, Japan, Macao, Singapore,
South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam Sydney, Perth

In the 14th of December
All of servers started to not answer any pings.Including the servers above

And To this day this issue is still not resolved.

That’s my experience so far.
I will post my daily experience here. Until this problem is fully solved

21th of December At 9:51 PM( EST 8:52 AM) I suddenly can connect to 2 servers
They are Austin and Hong Kong.
But The connections are really slow.Best Download speed is only at around 200 KB/S

Oh well I lost the connections at 10:02PM(EST 9:02AM )
Those two connections only last for 12 minutes.

"Updates"
22th of December
Still couldn’t get any connections form the software.
Can’t get any connections from manual setups either.

23th of December
Still can’t get any connection form the Vyprvpn Software
And also I encounter a few block efforts on my one backup VPN(I have multiple backup VPNs) in the morning But It was quickly solved in a few minutes.So I can still post this update.

Anyway I noticed the technology team post this announcement here Please go and check it out .
Also They posted it on the servers status page too. Link is here

24th of December
Apparently They claimed They fully fixed the issue But Still I can’t see any pings on list but I can connect to a few servers now. And the connection is quiet stable nonetheless.But majority of servers still can’t be connected So There is still something need be addressed though

"Big update"
At around 8:30PM(EST 7:30AM) .Majority of servers can be connected form within china now.But The ping result sometimes is still bugged out They already fixed most of the issues Only a few minor ones need to be addressed now.

25th of December AKA Christmas day
Still can’t see any pings but can connect to most of servers.Hope pings issue be resolved.

Merry Christmas you guys

26th of December
still no pings but still can connect to the servers.
well I just noticed that only a few servers in north America and Asia can be connected I don’t know what’s happened And there is no pings to tell which servers can be connected and which can be not be.So the only way to know which servers are connectable is try to connect to the servers.
Here’s my list of connectable servers
Asia
Macro
Taiwan
Hong Kong
South Korea
North America
US-San Francisco
Canada
Oceania
Austria-Perth

Those are the servers that I tired that can be connected.

At around 6:35 PM (EST 5:35AM)
Something really weird happened I can’t connect to most of servers Plus that I can’t see any pings So I had to tried out a few servers Finally I found that Canada is stilling working for me.

At around 7:50AM(EST 6:50AM)
I lost my Connection form the Canadian servers the connection lasted for 1hour.
I found this odd thing the software is doing

27th of December
Still can see no pings But can connect to a few servers and it’s really hard to find connectable servers That fastest server option doesn’t pick up any servers most of the times

28th of December
Still can’t see most of servers pings and can connect to servers
But US-Los angles is able to show ping now.

29th of December
A few servers started showing pings today but the amount of servers that can show pings are really limited.I can still connect to a few servers.

30th of December
Can’t see any pings again but can connect to servers.(I don’t even know how many times I repeated this now.Hope this problem gets solved quickly.)

31th of December
Still can’t see any pings But can connect to servers.(Sounds like my standard line now)

1th of January 2019
Still can’t see pings But can connect to servers again.
Happy new year By the way

2th of January 2019
Can’t see any pings But still can connect to servers

3th of January 2019
Can’t see any pings But still can connect to most of servers and seems like the European servers have been restored.

4th of January 2019
Can’t see any pings But still can connect to most of servers.

5th of January 2019
Still can’t see any ping But can connect to most of servers

6th of January 2019
Still can’t see pings But can connect to most of serves.
Apparently There’s a new update But for some reasons.I couldn’t update my client to the newest version.So I’m still using the 2.16.0.8654 version for this test result.

7th of January 2019
Can’t see any pings but can connect to most of servers
I am still using the old 2.16version for this this test result.
If the new version has improve things please tell me in the comment section below.If the new update didn’t do anything I will still be using the the old version for the test in future.
At around 6:54 PM (4:54 AM CST)I can’t connect to any servers now.
At around 7:05 PM (5:05 AM CST)I can connect to servers now Seems like the problem solved I don’t know If there was my problem or not but It only lasted for almost 10 minutes

8th of January 2019
Still can’t see any pings but can connect to most of servers

9th of January 2019
I upgraded to the latest 2.16.1version But nothing was improved.Anyway I still can’t see any pings but still can connect to most of servers.Hope the ping issue get addressed quickly.

10th of January 2019
Still no pings but can connect to most of the servers
BTW They restored connection for mac users yesterday.For more details check this thread posted by developers themselves.
Personally I don’t use any mac devices.So I won’t be able to test the connections for the mac users.
11th of January 2019
Still can’t see any pings but can connect to most of servers(Sounds like my standard line now :sweat:)

Some rumors suggest that the connections issues for ios users have been resolved.But take it with a grain of salt There is no official announcement currently.And Also I don’t have an ios device so I won’t be able to test the connections for ios users either.Thanks for the understanding.If you have any ios device or mac device.Fell free to share you experiences in comment section below.

12th of January 2019
Can’t see any pings but can connect to most of servers.
Actually They already announced that they fixed connections issue for ios users on twitter yesterday.
Thanks to @yanheqi for telling me that.
I reckon they probably forgot to post a notification here.
Anyway if you’re an ios user or mac user you should be able to connect to servers now.

13th of January 2019
Still can’t see any pings but can connect to most servers

14th of January 2019
Can’t see any pings But can connect to most of servers.
They announced that they have restored connections for ios users here on their official service status.
Well seems like the majority of platforms connections issues have been resolved.
Congrats on the technology team.
Apparently The only problem left for them is that pings unable to be displayed issue now.Hope it get addressed quickly.

15th of January 2019
Still can’t see any pings but can connect to most servers.Hope this issue get fixed quickly.

16th of January 2019
Can’t see any pings but can connect to most servers.

17th of January 2019
Still can’t see any pings but can connect to most of servers.

18th of January 2019
Can’t see any pings but can connect to most of servers

Big update

I just upgraded my client to the new version of 2.16.2.8727.And then I can see pings now Here is a screenshot of that

As you can see that pings unable to be displayed problem has been resolved.Also I asked the support the reason why this issue occurred.They said is because there’s something wrong with ICMP that caused this issue.
Anyway all the problems have resolved.The service has been fully restored for windows users.
This connections problems(Major and minor) lasted for about 2 mouths.It’s the longest lasting problem I have seen.And now is finally resolved.Congrats on the tech team and hope things like this won’t happen in the future again.

19th of January 2019
Services has been fully restored.All working like it should be.This might be a final update of this thread.

28th of January 2019
Something is weird today I found that only 3 servers can answer pings.They are
Australia-Perth Japan and Singapore.
No other servers can answer pings or be connected
I don’t know what’s happened Seems like is a server side issue again I will be covering this issue until is resolved

At 5:58PM(EST 4:58AM)
Things got even worse.No servers can be connected and show pings now.

29th of January 2019
Only 2 servers can show pings today
They are Australia-Perth And japan
See more details about this problem Please go to their Server status page here.

30th of January 2019
Majority of servers have been restored.But there are still a few servers can’t display pings or be connected.Here is image of the situation here

31th of January 2019
Things got worse.Majority of servers can’t display pings or be connected today.Only a handful of servers in Europe can display pings and be connected.

At around 4:30 PM(EST 3:30 AM)
Things got worse.Only 2 servers can be connected now.They are Lithuania and South Korea.Hope they fix the connections issue sooner.

At around 4:58PM(EST 3:58AM)
Only a few servers in the US appeared to be connectable now

At around 5:15PM(EST 4:15AM)
None of servers can display ping or be connected now.

1st of February 2019
Can’t connect see pings on any servers today.
They announced this issue on the servers status page says they are still working on this matter.Hope this issue get fixed soon

2nd of February 2019
Can’t see any pings or connect to any servers today

3rd of February 2019
No servers can show pings or be connected today.

4th of February 2019
Still no servers show pings or can be can be connected today

At around 2:20PM(EST 1:20AM)
Server status just updated And It says they’re still working on this issue.Hope it will resolved soon

5th of February 2019
There are a few servers can answer pings and being connectable today.But the service is certainly not fully restored.Another thing is that flags (yeah the flags in the locations list) can’t be displayed somehow.

I don’t the know reason why that is happening but It maybe related to server issue.Anyway They may have already found a way to restore servers now
Is the only the matter of time for them to implement on other servers.

Here is a list of connectable servers
=Asia=
Japan
South Korea
=Europe=
Russia
Bulgaria
=North America=
US-Austin
El Salvador
=South America=
Uruguay

At around 1:07PM (EST 12:07AM)
No servers can answer pings or be connected now.

6th of February
still can’t see pings or connect to any servers
Well here is a new announcement from the server status says they’re still fixing the issue.

7th of February
Still can’t see pings or connect to any servers.

8th of February
Romania can show pings and be connected today I don’t know is a fluke or not but is connectable today.And I will post time on the thread If I get disconnected from Romania server.

At 11:40AM(EST 9:40PM)
I got disconnected from the Romania servers now no servers can be connected.

9th of February
Still no pings or connectable servers in the selection list.This is getting really annoying now.

10th of February
No pings or connectable servers.It has been 10 days.This is getting ridiculous now.

11th of February
Still no pings or connectable servers This in becoming unacceptable now

12th of February
No pings or connectable servers.

13th of February
Still no pings or connectable servers

14th of February
No pings or connectable servers

15th of February
No servers can show ping or be connected

At 10:38 AM(EST 9:38PM)Netherland and Poland servers are up.
At 11:15AM(EST10:15PM)Poland server is down but Romania server is up.
At 11:39AM(EST 10:39PM)Romania server is down.
At 12:05AM(EST 11:05PM)Netherland server is down too

16th of February
No servers can show pings or be connected
Hey look at this blog here They just announced that they’re still fighting for internet freedom in china.
BRAVO guys BRAVO :clap:
Also they did give a vague ETA quote from the blog" We are positive that within a few weeks we will be able to troubleshoot VyprVPN’s connection issues and provide a reliable and stable service to our users in China."
In a few weeks isn’t really clear at least they finally announced an ETA now.

17th of February

18th of February

19th of February
No servers can show pings or be connected.

I will be continually covering this new issue Until it is resolved.

Please send me your list of connectable servers in the comment section below.

So I will still update this thread daily.Until All the servers are connectable from within china.

If you find yourself can’t connect to any servers or any vpn services sometimes.
Well it’s not server side problem In fact I encountered that issue several times now.
I don’t know what’s the cause But try disconnect your internet and reconnect it can somehow fix it.

PS: If you have any questions to ask me Please comment it in ENGLISH.

1 Like

I just want to say I have the exact same experience as you. Starting from maybe one month ago, servers started to get more and more difficult to connect to. When I talk to service they reply the same standard lines all the time to log out and log in, reset the modem, everything is normal on our end etc. Really glad to know I’m not the only one in China that can’t connect at all anymore.

1 Like

Same thing here. I’m using my backup VPN to get through. I do believe vyprvpn is now a significant target for gfw. Or something just gone very wrong in their company.

Apparently.Their countermeasure for being blocked is just to roll up new IPs Which are just gonna be blocked again in a few minutes. And that way of solving this problem is just so futile.Also they said they’re working on finding new solution for this matter.No idea how long is gonna take for them to figure that out.

Same thing here.

Hello @kaldeqca, @basky, @Hazenet, and @Gong,

We apologize for the trouble there. Please review our recent Service Announcement here for information regarding this issue. That post will be updated once more information is available.

Should you need any other or further assistance, please contact our Support Department here for assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

1 Like

I hope the engineering team can find a solution! I know it’s probably a very difficult problem… 加油!

Start no answer ping on 21st Dec. All services crashed… I am in Shanghai. Hope they can solve the issues ASAP!

Mac and iOS user from China, it’s impossible to connect to any services right now. Just renew a year subscription, I hope you can solve the problem soon. Thanks.

Apparently The previous fix was for the windows user specifically though.You may need to wait a little longer for a universal fix.

You can try Austria, I’m connecting on it when posting this thread, and it can correctly show latency also.

I frankly hope they do, as I will move away. Some German companies block their IPs, as they observe malicious activities coming from IP addresses sourced through VyprVPN (could not access nor book on Lufthansa.com etc). Service response - none.

Also the standard lines, all on our end is operational, whereas it feels their 1st level support has been coming down to the gatekeeper, trying to move you away, while maintaining you as a paying customer.

For the last 3-5 months, I have been observing an unstable service and more and more considering to move away - unfortunately, due to a lack of direction towards a stable working VPN service that allows me to select the regional IP.

The servers has been unstable for 2 months form my end though.Yeah sure the Live chat don’t really provide useful information.But Form the past few days I can see they are really trying hard to fix their services.

They restored connections for mac users yesterday Here is a the announcement thread. Please be noticed I don’t own any mac devices. So I won’t be able to test the connection for mac users.If you’re a mac user Please post your experience in the comment section below.

Some rumors suggest the connections for ios device have been restored But take it with a grain of salt.There is no official announcement been made by them yet.And personally I don’t own an ios device so I won’t be able to test the ios users either.

Both Twitter and Facebook posted news, IOS recovered, but the official website has not announced. Also, ask, who are you from?

Yeah,Thank you for telling me that.No ideas why they didn’t post it here though.
And I’m currently in china.

Another issue occurred today
Only 3 servers can answer pings right now(3:17PM EST 2:17 AM )
They are
Australia-Perth
Japan
Singapore
I don’t what’s happening But I will be covering this issue until is resolved

Can’t connect to any servers since this morning. Seems same problems happen again :sweat:

Almost the same issue. BTW, US servers are being down?