Texts fail while connected

I have a Note 4 running Android Version 5.0.1.on T-Mobile 4g When I connect to vpn either with app or manual setup, I receive texts, but sending fails using stock sms app. Other apps work like facebook and internet. I.P. check shows connected to vpn in Los Angeles as it should. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @Richard_Brooke,

I am sorry to read that you are experiencing such issue with our VPN service. In order to get a better understanding of the issue that you are experiencing, please provide us with the following information:

1. Are you experiencing the issue when sending regular SMS messages or when sending MMS messages or both?
  2. Do you experience the same issue when connected over wifi instead of the T-Mobile 4G network?
  3. Do you experience the same issue when using the OpenVPN and Chameleon protocol from within the app? You may change the protocol by going into the Protocol section of the Settings menu.
  4. What version of the VyprVPN app for Android are you running? You may determine the version number by going into the About section of the Settings within the app. If you are not running our latest version 2.8.5.4046, please update to the latest version and let us know if the issue still persist.
  5. If the issue does persist with the latest version, please download our latest beta version 2.9.0.4275b from the Google Play Store by searching for VyprVPN Beta. Does the issue persist with the latest beta version?

I await your response.

Samuel
Golden Frog Support