VyprVPN App on Android overloads system

Hey guys,
I’m using Androi 7.0 on a pretty new Samsung G s8 and of cause the latest version of the VyprVPN app must not be missing. But unfortunately I regularly get a warning massage from my device, which says that some applications overloads the system CPU and must be closed. The logo of VyprVPN is shown with a note, 12,xx% of CPU usage.
That does not feel good, as the killswitch function is not working in this case.
I had this problem also before I got the s8 but there I thought that my Samsung galaxy s4 mini could be to old. Is there someone how have similar trouble issues?
Otherwise I really like the application as it is so fast especially the desktop version. :slight_smile:

Hoping for some help with best regards,
Max

Hello, @Paultier

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue. Does this issue occur across multiple protocols? Please try all protocols available within the VyprVPN application.

If the issue persists, can you please uninstall and reinstall the app and let us know if you’re still having the same trouble?

We look forward to your reply!

Regards,
Logan
Golden Frog Technical Support

Hello Logan,
Thank you for the fast reply.

Today and Yesterday I have tried each protocol several times, sadly without any improvement. I have also reinstalled the app as you have recommended me but even this didn’t helped.

Best regards,
Paultier

Hello,

We apologize for the frustration this error message is causing.

After a bit of digging it appears that this is a rather common problem with the S8 line of Galaxy phones.

While I wasn’t able to find a definitive solution, you should be able to disable what is causing this notification in the following menu:

Battery settings >advanced >power monitor

If you have any other issues we can assist with please feel free to contact us directly at either support@goldenfrog.com or through our convenient live chat that can be found on our website.

Regards,
Dustin
Golden Frog Support

All right, thanks a lot for the efforts.

Regards,
Max