VyprVPN Connection window has disappeared

Hi,

I have been using VyprVPN for at least six months, and it has worked seamlessly. A couple of days ago I connected my mac to a second screen and from that moment the main VyprVPN connection window has disappeared from my desktop. I can open the other two, ie connection registry and speed graph, but not the main one, so I cannot use it or connect to any VPN.
Has anybody experienced the same? I have tried to do a complete uninstall and reinstall, but no luck
Thanks beforehand

Hello, @Vinnie.1969,

Our support team would be happy to look into this for you. This issue is quite peculiar, so we would like to gather some screenshots and additional information about the problem from you.

Please reach out to our technical support team by creating a ticket here:
https://www.goldenfrog.com/contact-support

We look forward to working with you!

Regards,
Logan
Golden Frog Technical Support

Thanks very much. I have already logged a ticket.

Hi Logan,

I’ve the same issue with my VyprVPN : every windows show except the main one VyprVPN (Command-0).
I’ve already opened a ticket.
What’s strange : no “VyprVPN” in the “Latest open items” of the Apple Menu, even after multiple launches and other VyprVPN windows opened (Commande-1 and Command-2).

Regards
Régis

Hey @Regis,

At this time our records show that we’ve reached out to you via email through the support request you submitted. Please refer to that email chain for more details. We’ll need to collect a little more information from you there so we can properly assist you further.

Regards,

Katherine
Support Team

Done Katherine :smile:
Thanks

Hi,

Same problem for me since yesterday.

Regards

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

I will be reaching out to you directly with troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Dustin
Golden Frog Support

Good evening,

I have changed back my mac to english as default language and it has solved the problem. I changed to Spanish, my mother language, 4 days ago, and this seems to have caused the incident.

Thanks very much for your the hint, though I understand spanish should also be considered for VyprVPN users.

Hi, since the last update of VyprVPN (2.9.0.4050) I have the same problem. I had to re-install an older version (2.6.5.2545).
Can you please help me?
Thank you in advance

Under OS X 10.11.3

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

I will be reaching out to you directly with troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Dustin
Golden Frog Support

Hello,
I do have the exact same issue with the latest VyprVPN app version (2.9.0.4050).
Was working fine in the previous versions.

I’m using OS X 10.11.3

Hello @Lryagol,

I apologize that you are also experiencing this issue with the latest version of our VyprVPN app. Can you please provide us with the below information so that we can better assist you?

1. Did you perform a clean install of our latest version of the app or did you perform an in-app update to our latest version of the app?

2. What language is your machine currently running under? If French or Spanish, please attempt the below steps:

A. If VyprVPN is currently running, please first force quit VyprVPN.

B. Quit the VyprVPNService in the Activity Monitor.

• If you have trouble quitting the process, open Terminal on your Mac, and type the following:

sudo launchctl unload Library/LaunchDaemons/vyprvpnservice.plist

Press return, and you’ll be prompted for your password, which should be your login password (you won’t see characters while typing the password)

C. Switch the language set on your device to English, or another dialect you are able to interpret other than the language currently selected (French and Spanish appears to be affected at this time), which can be done on the ‘Language & Region’ portion of the device’s “System Preferences”

D. After the language has been modified, you will be requested to restart the machine for the changes to go into effect. Please restart your machine and attempt to launch VyprVPN.

After having attempted the above steps, please contact our Support Team providing us with the above requested information and the result of the above troubleshooting steps at

https://www.goldenfrog.com/contact-support

We look forward to working with you in resolving this matter.

Samuel

Hello.

Having the system in english does work (it was in french before).

Fun thing:
After having booted in english and started VyprVPN it installed the helper and everything was fine.
I put back my system in french and now I still don’t have the window displayed BUT I now have the helper in the menu bar from which I can select a server and connect to it !

Same problem for me.
I’m using french language

Hello Alex,

Were you able to attempt the steps previously provided above by Samuel?

If you are not comfortable altering the language of your device please use the following instructions to set up a manual connection to our servers until we are able to roll out a fix for this issue.

Please contact support directly if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Dustin
Golden Frog Support

Hello,

Thank you all for your continued patience and cooperation as we work to get this issue with the Mac interface resolved.

At this time our development team has a resolution and a new update should be released very soon.

Once this update becomes available it will be made available for download on the various thread created for this problem. We will also update those who reached out to us directly for assistance.

Again we thank you for your patience and look forward to hearing of a successful update.

Regards,
Dustin
Golden Frog Support