Vyprvpn Isn't connecting!

I’ve installed vypr vpn on my vps and it’s not working , Every time i click on connect it disconnect without even connecting for second !
they are saying error 6023 try to reconnect and I’ve tried million times to reconnect and not working !

Hello @goodbood,

I am sorry to read that you are experiencing error 6023 when attempting to connect to our VPN servers. This error indicates that the TAP device was initialized but failed to accept routing or other configurations. Are you able to connect if you attempt to immediately reconnect after receiving the error? If so, I would like to have you re-install the VyprVPN TAP adapter. In the Start menu->All Programs (or All Apps menu if running Windows 8+), click the Golden Frog, GmbH. folder, then click the VyprVPN folder, click the Utilities folder (skip this step if running Windows 8+), and then click Reinstall VyprTAP. After re-installing the VyprTAP adapter, restart the VyprVPN app and attempt to connect again. Do you still experience the same issue?

Regards,
Samuel

same prolem dear …help me to slove please …

@Lee_Ho Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Please contact our support team at https://www.goldenfrog.com/support/

We will need to gather some information from you so we can investigate the error.