VyprVPN loses connection then reconnects every hour or so

Hi,

I’m a VyprVPN Pro user and I use the app to connect to the UK server on an iPod touch (with the latest iOS and VyprVPN app installed). The app works perfectly, the speed is good; however, every hour or so it disconnects and reconnects again, which can take several minutes (up to ~5). I use my device for long voice calls so this is becoming very annoying since I need to call back my contacts every time this happens. I tried different server locations as well but it didn’t seem to make any difference.

Could you please let me know if there is a solution to solve this problem? Thanks.

Hello, @Z_Fuki!

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing dropped connections. We’d be happy to take a look into it!

Have you always experienced this drop in connectivity? If not, has anything changed on your network recently? New hardware, software, security software or operating system updates?

Do you notice the connections dropping during a specific time of the day?

Do you experience the same issue with VyprVPN on any other devices, or just your iPod?

We look forward to your reply!

Regards,
Logan
Golden Frog Technical Support

Thank you for getting back to me.

Yes, it has always been like this but I only started using my device for calls recently so it wasn’t that annoying before (I had used it to stream music, which also stopped every now and then because of this). I know it’s not my internet connection because once I switch off the VPN app, I have connection immediately, and I see that the app shows “disconnected”, “connecting” etc…There were no network, hardware, or software changes and there is no specific time of the day, it can happen any time. I’m using VyprVPN on my Windows 10 laptop as well (connected to the same wifi router) and have no problems with it, the connection doesn’t drop at all.

Thanks.

Hello, @Z_Fuki!

Thanks for your reply.

We would like to continue troubleshooting this matter with you via our email ticket system. This will allow us to collect the information we need to provide you with more robust troubleshooting. As I am not able to locate an account under the email address associated with your forum account, I ask that you please visit the following page:

https://www.goldenfrog.com/contact-support

Please enter the email address associated with your VyprVPN account on that form, include a description of the issue, and reference this forum post in the “how can we help” field.

We look forward to working with you!

Regards,
Logan
Golden Frog Technical Support