Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Can you please uninstall and reinstall the VyprVPN app on this computer? Use the current VyprVPN file for Mac from our website here for both the uninstall and the reinstall - https://support.goldenfrog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004388112-VyprVPN-Desktop-and-Mobile-Apps
If you still have trouble with this, can you please let us know what special features in the app that you may have enabled, such as kill switch, automatic reconnect, and block malicious sites? Afterwards, please disable any of the special features in the app that may be enabled. Then restart the app.
If you’re still having high CPU usage at this point, please provide the following 3 things:
VyprVPN app logs. Please open the application, then click Help on the menu bar at the top and then click “Contact Support”. On the next window please make sure the “Include Application Logs” checkbox is ticked, then click Email Support. This will send us the logs.
A screenshot showing the high CPU usage of the VyprVPN app.
To take a screen shot using a Mac:
- Hold down the COMMAND key
- Hold down the SHIFT key
- Press 4.
- A little target should replace your old cursor. When you see it, press and hold the left mouse button. When you drag it across the screen, a box shows up. Whatever is in that box is what you are taking a picture of. Release the left mouse button when whatever is in the box, is what you want to take a picture of.
- Once you let go, the picture saves onto your desktop as Picture 1 (or Picture 2, or 3, etc.).
- Attach it to your reply to us.
We also need to gather a Sample Process of the VyprVPNService.
- Start VyprVPN and replicate the high CPU usage.
- Open Activity Monitor.
- Find or search for the vyprvpnservice process.
- Click on vyprvpnservice to highlight the process.
5 Click the gear icon on the top right of the Activity Monitor window and choose “Sample Process,” enter your OSX password to authorize.
- When the sample is done being collected, click Save and then attach the saved file to your response so we can take a look.