Hello, I see that GoldenFrog has still abandoned their CLI base. There is a few threads here asking when CLI would be updated for the last Ubuntu version, and now there’s a newer version and CLI doesn’t work. One user even gave some feedback on how to fix the problem with a few lines of code over a year ago… GoldenFrog has ignored him and the rest of us. So my question is: Which of these services would you suggest us CLI clients to use?
- ExpressVPN App uses a command-line interface and OpenVPN. Works on a range of Linux distros. Unblocks a range of streaming sites, very fast, and uses powerful security.
- NordVPN Best budget VPN. Good all-rounder, with a command-line app for Linux. Good for unblocking streaming sites. Strong security and decent speeds.
- Surfshark Excels at unblocking region-locked content. Command-line app available for Debian and Ubuntu. Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- CyberGhost Recently launched a command-line Linux app. Easy-to-use, good for unblocking region-locked content, and secure.
- ProtonVPN Open-source command-line app from a privacy-focused VPN provider.
- AirVPN A secure VPN for Linux that you can use from a command line or GUI. Plenty of customization options.
- Mullvad Open-source Linux client from a budget-minded provider.