I still cannot post to the "General" category.
When I try to create a message in "General" - and I leave the "category" field blank - I get the following:
However, when I try to "select" a category, the "General" category does not exist on the list I am shown.
(Note that this is the bottom of the list - "General" appears nowhere on it.)
Steps to reproduce:
Use VyprVPN to place yourself outside the Golden Frog network. (Or, try this from home)
Create a new - non privileged - account for yourself, using whatever bogus credentials you wish, just so long as they do not duplicate an existing, privileged, account, and does not use a known Golden Frog e-mail address. (i.e. you should use a yahoo, g-mail, or some other external e-mail account.)
- Allow the account to be activated in the normal manner - that is, allow it to be activated in the normal manner, by a normal sysadmin (that is NOT yourself), following the normal protocols that a plain-vanilla user would have to follow.
- Attempt to create a topic under "General".
a. Try to create and save a topic without selecting a category.
b. Try to select the "General" category before saving
1. You should be able to create, and save, a topic under "General"
2. Unless selected otherwise, the default category under "General" should be "General".
1. You cannot create a topic under the "General" category.
2. You cannot select the category called "General" as it does not exist.
Please try this and report results.